A Brief History of Siloam Springs
After practicing for five years in Wisconsin, Dr. Duane Thomas purchased the Stratton Veterinary Hospital in July of 1968. Dr. Louie Stratton had established the practice in 1955, and his hospital was located in a red barn which stood on the present parking platform. He built the original clinic in 1961. Dr. Timothy Woody joined the practice in 1971, followed by Dr. Leach in 1978. Dr. Richard McCarver would join the practice in 1994, and Dr. Brian Shackelford in 1999.
In 1975, the Siloam Springs Veterinary Clinic was selected by the OSU of Veterinary Medicine to participate in their preceptorship program. OSU students are accommodated at our facility in proving hands-on training and skills of medicine and surgery. Our clinic has also been honored in providing this training to international students as well.
Our clinic is currently honored to have Dr. McCarver, Dr. Shackelford, Dr. Ahnen, Dr. Proctor, Dr. Atha, Dr. Kester, Dr. Sanders, Dr. Leach, & Dr. Woody on staff to provide the best animal care for all your small and large animals.